Think back to the latest meal you had that was full of veggies. How did you feel after eating them? What did you like best?
The fact that they were nutrient-dense, and you were fueling your body with antioxidants, that you felt energized, or the amazing taste enhanced with spices? … maybe all three?
Nutrient-Dense Baby Food is the Culprit!
At lil’gourmets, we are on a mission to provide those same nutrients and develop that same love of veggies with your baby’s meals!
We accomplish this by crafting our baby meals with nutrient-dense organic vegetables and beans, healthy fats like coconut milk or extra virgin olive oil, and a complex mix of spices, and by keeping them fresh by refrigerating them.
The end results are veggie-licious flavors babies love with essential nutrients they need.
A Research Driven Approach to Your Baby's Nutrition
lil’gourmets was created based on the latest medical research surrounding the importance of the first 1,000 days of nutrition in a baby’s life.
Our Pediatric Advisor, Dr. Rupa Mahadevan, expands on how the first 1,000 days of nutrition affects what a baby eats when they’re grown up, "The palate develops with the child, so the greater the variety, the more your child will develop a taste for new foods, spices, and textures.”
Nutritional Benefits of lil'gourmets Cinnamon Beets + Apples Baby Meal
We spoke with one of our inside dietitians to break down the benefits of each ingredient in our Organic Cinnamon Beets + Apples baby meal. Let's first start with organic beets, apples, and lemons because they have a very similar nutritional composition. All three ingredients are high in vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and polyphenols.
- Vitamin C helps to keep a baby’s whole system healthy by warding off colds and bacteria.
- Fiber is a prebiotic to help promote a healthy gut and retains the good bacteria while fighting off the bad bacteria. The healthier a baby’s gut bacteria, the better! It also helps a baby’s stomach regulate itself which improves bowel health.
- Potassium is a mineral and contributes to a healthy heart.
- Polyphenols are a group of antioxidants that help protect babies from free radicals. Protection from free radicals supports overall body health and decreases chances of heart disease and cancer.
Beets also have the added benefit of iron and magnesium.
- Iron is extremely beneficial to blood and helps keep a baby from being anemic.
- Magnesium is another mineral that is good for the heart and blood.
The lil'gourmets Approach to Baby Food
Our Cinnamon Beets + Apples also utilizes two powerhouse spices, Cinnamon and Ginger.
- Cinnamon is also loaded with antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory which supports digestion and anti-diabetic which contributes to decreased blood sugar. Fun fact: Cinnamon has been used for thousands of years for various medicinal purposes such as cold and throat ailments.
- Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory. It slaps down germs and protects babies against colds.
With less than half the natural sugars of an applesauce (and never any added sugar!), our Cinnamon Beets + Apples is much more than baby food.
It makes a healthy toddler snack or a snack or dip for kids of any age (we admit it, we’re a little addicted ourselves!). Check the lil'gourmets store locator to see if we are at your favorite grocer or ship fresh to your door with our organic variety pack.
And don’t forget! Join our “You Can’t Beet the Mess”contest to help us spread the word on the benefits of messy eating and self-exploration of tastes, textures, and colors of food to a child’s development.
Post a picture on Instagram and tag @lilgourmets #enjoythemess for the chance to win a free box of lil gourmets veggie-first meals.
Strip your baby down their diaper, give them their lil’gourmets baby meal and see where their creativity leads them!